Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 4 - 5 Post stroke, Therapies begin. February 21 -22 2011



Posted Feb 22, 2011 3:53am






















The hard work has begun.
Poppy met his physical therapist(s) for the first time yesterday, Monday the 21st.
Mom wrote:
Tal had "Speech therapy to help him learn to swallow. Two physical therapists to move his limbs..
One helped him to stand on his feet for a very short time. Another moved his hands and arms and showed me how to help stimulate his hands by just lightly touching and moving them back and forth. His name is Jason. He talked to Tal about the brain and told him what he was doing. Tal said he understood. And why he needed to try. He stayed with us doing the physical therapy as well as talking to him for quite a while."
The feeding and the questions such treatment(feeding tube)bring up are Tal's biggest hurdle, and certainly what HE is most concerned about at the moment.
I've written that as plainly as i can.
I would certainly appreciate anyone that has had such a treatment or knows someone that has had such a treatment would describe what their experience was with feeding tubes and the like.
hugs to you all,
Lissa

Messages : 
Posted Feb 22, 2011 6:12pm
Was up to the hospital twice today--big changes today--all for the better. I'm sure your mom will update you this evening and you can share it with everyone. Tal had a procedure this morning at 9am and was back in his room by 10! As I was leaving a few minutes later, I leaned over to say goodbye and that I would be back later, because I was going to teach in an hour and he shocked me by saying "alright." We thought he was asleep! Way to go Tal!

DAY 4 : FEBRUARY 21, 2011

Tal has been so uplifted by his friends messages, calls, red roses! His Manhattan friend's continue to offer help by sharing their networks of folks that they know at the hospital in charge of physical therapy et all!
Mom mentions: " I just met a Doctor in the hall from NewDelhi, Dr. Singh, not Tal's doctor, he was helping someone else but he came in to say hello to Tal and after he left, Tal said "I hope to see him in India someday." So our Tal is right there!"
Today is a big day as Mom will meet for the first time with the physical therapist in charge of Dad. Re-learning how to swallow is the order of the day! Simple things like swallowing will make a big difference for him.

Posted Feb 22, 2011 7:46pm

MESSAGES FROM FRIENDS : 


We had messages from : Jay, Yuni and Mir Lee in Seoul Korea: "I could't hide my dismay after getting the news. On the other hand, it's fortunate that it's a small stroke than a heart attack... I just sent a dozen of roses and a ballon in red color to his room in the Hospital. I regret to say this is only thing I can do for him in remote... We are one family to get over this together and Tal is going to overcome the stroke to win this life back.

From Dad's friend Bill now living in Waco TX:

"I think back on our childhood and the good times we had growing up in Manhattan... Tal and I lived a block apart during our early school days. And we remained good friends throughout high school.

Tell Tal that I will see him at our 60th reunion in 2012!
A message from Deborah and Murray:..."we want to send you our positive thoughts and our hopes for (Tal's) full recovery.
We’ll be thinking of all three of you and sending out love vibrations!"
From Abby : "Thank you for letting us know about Tal's small stroke. I am so sorry this happened to Tal and to you and your mom. I will share this news with Dad, and we will follow Tal's progress through the blog. Sending our love to you all and all positive vibes."
Carolyn "Sending much love to you both"
Hall and Gail: "It was a "Tal" kind of day here in Santa Fe, with big, white puffy clouds, blue skies and tons of movement from the wind! So I'm reading this as a positive sign, and I'm sending tons of positive energy your way. Hall is rooting for Tal, too, and said he's anxious to go to lunch with him, to catch up on the show details. So he has to heal quick!..."
Love and hugs too from his brother Ron
Marie wrote: "Your dad is a remarkable man, Lissa. I have every hope that he will come out of this, probably not unscathed, but certainly stronger."




Hey, just looked at all the photos and saw the tagline for the pic I thought was Tal and baby lissa....turns out it's someone else! I thought that guy was too handsome to be my brother! Just kidding Talcum....you're a great looking guy. I'll send Lissa a picture of you and I in our younger (much younger) years. Watch a movie for me ! Love, Ron
Posted Feb 22, 2011 3:22pm
Tal, We're thinking of you flying kites (maybe not just yet, unless you use hospital napkins). But let your imagination soar as you learn to swallow again. What kind of virtual mouth-watering dish can we conjure up for you? Love, Deborah & Murray
Posted Feb 22, 2011 1:49pm
Hey, who is that MOVIE STAR holding Lissa when she was a baby ? Oh year, my older brother. It was a year or so before that time that Tal let me use his red 1958 MGA. I was the hit of my highschool, let me tell you! Tal, you later told me that car was a pain...especially in the electrical dept if I remember right, but I wish you had it now...I'd like to borrow it again. Then there was the red Fiero that you could cook eggs on the engine compartment !
Hang in there my brother...you'll be driving our dads's "Silver Bullet" before you know it. Love, Ron
Posted Feb 21, 2011 10:06pm
Tal and Romig,
You promised me to come to Seoul this year while Romig will have a exhibition. We all look forward to seeing you here in Seoul. Please please ~
Posted Feb 21, 2011 6:37pm
Hey Tal,
It is Windy here in Boca Raton Today, I knew something was up... I know the Good Lord is watching over you... Always! Wherever You Go and whatever You Do... and that you are surrounded by your Family, Angels and Friends... Where everyone is Super Nice to you. I know it may be Quite A Change For You to Adjust To... But Just take it all in for while and Enjoy it.
I am fabricating a little something in your 3 favorite colors for you to play with and Stimulate the Creative Side and Imaginative Center of your Brain... Till then I know your in Good Hands...
Your Friend Roy Mueller.
Posted Feb 21, 2011 3:11pm
Was so saddened to hear of your stroke. We're all thinking of you and praying for your recovery. Doug & Cheryl and staff at The Trust Co.
Posted Feb 21, 2011 2:04pm
oh ay tal .. just heard what happened, and we were anxious about you. of course, severe strike.. but reading about your current reactions - i have good feeling that you will make it - a well recovering. you now as i meanwhile know closer, we're no more real youthstyle, even if by contents. tal, take it as a command - dont relax too long there, you are expected at home. your home, our home, all homes! wish you best recovery, waiting to fly a kite with you! sorry that i probably cant make it over to NM, but good that we have this electronic devices. waiting, tomm.
Posted Feb 21, 2011 12:41pm
Both Melanie and I send you some hope and courage medications for this new stage in your life of challenges, Tal. I know you will make the most of this situation and treat it with your best curiosity and humor. Some call this condition a stroke. It could be a stroke of good fortune as well... or a swimming stroke which will probably be part of your physical therapy. No better place than the pool to hang out. Perceptions change the mind and vice versa.
We expect you will pull out of this with just as much, if not more of an appreciation for this wonderful life. We're with you, Tal!
George and Melanie in Boulder, Colorado
Posted Feb 21, 2011 11:52am
Tal,
We're all thinking of you here. Tiger suggests you fly a kite to feel better, as we've been doing this last weekend with such good weather. Take your time getting better and we want to see you back here in Santa Fe soon.
David, Fiona and Tiger
Posted Feb 21, 2011 11:50am
So glad to hear that Today has already brought some positive news.
Tal, Romig and Lissa: we love you!
Nancy, Doug, Abbie, John, Hugh, Lionel

























No comments:

Post a Comment